Hagerty’s ability to offer low premiums and generous benefits is a testament to our clients – some of the most responsible drivers on the road today. In order to continue to offer the competitive rates Hagerty is known for, we must consider several important factors in the approval process:
Hagerty provides coverage for collector vehicles that are used on a limited basis – e.g. club functions, exhibitions, organized meets, tours and limited pleasure driving.
Collector vehicles must be stored in an enclosed and secure structure when not in use. Qualifying storage locations include private residential garages, private pole buildings or barns and rental storage units.
Driver eligibility and driving history
Generally, one or two minor traffic violations or accidents are acceptable. We are not able to offer coverage to drivers with a serious infraction within the past 5 years, such as an alcohol-related offense, reckless driving or an excessive speed violation.* All household driving records are subject to review by an underwriter.
All household members with a valid driver’s license must have a regular-use vehicle for daily driving. Motorcycles and public transportation are not considered regular use vehicles for our program. Applicants must also maintain regular-use insurance in his or her own name.
DOES MY VEHICLE QUALIFY
Hagerty offers insurance for hundreds of thousands of collector vehicles used for limited pleasure driving, car shows and club events. We offer full coverage for a huge variety of classic, stock, and safely modified vehicles, including:
- Antique & classic vehicles
- Newer vehicles: Limited production, exotic & special interest
- Modified vehicles: Street rods, replicas, lowriders & tuners
- Trucks & other utility vehicles
- Retired commercial vehicles: Fire trucks, military vehicles, tractors & other commercial vehicles
- Motorcycles & scooters
- Motorsports: Pro-street & any raced vehicles
- Vehicles under restoration
VEHICLES THAT MAY NOT QUALIFY
Hagerty specializes in coverage for collector vehicles. Regrettably, there are some vehicles we do not cover due to their limited collectability, the way they are used and/or the extraordinary risk their use may pose, including:
- Camping, off-road or utility-type vehicles
- Daily-use vehicles
- Commercial-use vehicles
- Motorcycles with performance modifications
- Any vehicle modified with nitrous components
- Dune Buggies